Notice of Special Town Meeting
The duly qualified voters of the Town of Sprague, CT and any other persons entitled to vote upon any of the matters contained in the Notice and Warning, are hereby notified and warned to meet in a Special Town Meeting at the Sprague Town Hall Main St., Baltic, CT on Monday March 19, 2012 at 7:00 PM for consideration and action upon the following purposes:
- To adopt an Ordinance for the Establishment of an Optional Tax Relief Program for Veterans or Spouses Eligible for Exemption under Connecticut General Statutes Section 12-81.
- To adopt an Ordinance for the Abatement of Interest on any Property Tax, or Tax Installment, for Active-Duty Armed Forces Members.
- To adopt an Ordinance Establishing Local Bid Preference for local businesses.
- To adopt an Ordinance on Regulation of Dogs and Other Animals in the Town of Sprague.
- To adopt an Ordinance on Littering
- To repeal Ordinance #1962-1, Dump Ordinance
- To repeal Ordinance #1971-1, Pension – Town Nurse Ordinance
- To repeal Ordinance #1971-2, Salary – Tax Collector
- To repeal Ordinance #2001-2, Removal of Dog Litter Ordinance
Full copies of the ordinances are available for review in the office of the Sprague Town Clerk during regular business hours and at www.ctsprague.org
Dated at Sprague, CT this 13th day or March 2012
Board of Selectmen
Catherine A. Osten
Denise M. Dembinski
Dennison L. Allen