The Conservation Commission consists of five members elected to a 5-year term. The commission meets at 7:00 p.m. on the second Monday of each month in the Courtroom of the Town Hall, 1 Main Street, Baltic. The public is always welcome.
- The preservation of open land and the protection of wetlands through the provisions of the Town, State and Federal Wetlands Protection statutes
- Protect wetlands from illegal filling or pollution
- The acquisition of open lands for passive recreation purposes
- Drive your car all the way down the dirt road (7/10 mile) and park near the cabin where there's room. Parking on the road means that other cars can't pass you.
- Please obey the signs that say to keep out of certain areas where we are cleaning up the lead pellets from years of hunting. You will know these areas immediately by the cheery orange and yellow fencing (no, we don't like it either, but it does the trick.)
- ATVs and motorbikes are prohibited. The area is patrolled and violators will be prosecuted.
- Please respect this lovely resource and take out anything you bring into the woods - help keep our park gorgeous.
- The Preserve is closed at sunset except to fishermen. Currently, the gate will be locked at sunset.
- Take note of seasonal hunting provisions in the Preserve and dress/hike accordingly
Upcoming Meetings & Events (next 30 days)
- Conservation Commission Meetings (05/08/2017)